7 Days of MM Makeup – Day 7 : MM Makeup Silk Foundation (Review,Swatches & Looks )
Okay guys we are on day 7 and guess what its the last day ! Show me some moves baby I need to do some happy dance ! So,what I am doing is plugging the old review of the MM Silk Foundation AND there will be updates in the end .Well , why I am doing it like this is that this product by MM Makeup is raved by every one and the review needed to be reviewed ( Does it make any sense ?) . I reviewed it back in August and have been using it ever since ,so there are some points to be added which I will do in the end, so don’t miss the UPDATES at the end. So lets just hit it people !
Ever heard of a full coverage foundation that doesn’t feel like a mask or it doesn’t go cakey if you layer up or lets your skin breathe or has all this & is paraben free? No?? Why where have you been living man? Well a little birdie says wake up and see what is the talk of the town. Its no other than MM Makeup Silky foundation. Keep on reading to know what the little birdie has to say more about this foundation.
MM Makeup Silk Foundation :
This weightless liquid formula “tunes in” to you skin’s need, controlling oil where there is a
shine and moisturize where it’s patchy for a long wearing balanced look, with true coverage.
For all skin types including normal to oily skin types, and anyone who wants a pure natural looking finish, with all-day wear.
For dry skin you must always prep your skin with moisturizer before applying any makeup.
My Experience :
A little little while back, I had a chance to attend the MM Makeup Launch in Lahore (read details
). There I got this foundation and I can’t thank them enough for such thoughtful, well assorted goodie bags that catered everyone according to their skin tone and need. I was matched shade Fair which I initially thought to be a bit lighter then my actual skin tone but it was a perfect match! That being said, lets move on to my personal experience with this foundation
This foundation comes in a glass bottle with a pump, which is a total plus for me as i don’t like dipping into or pouring out my foundation. The bottle is pretty sturdy and the cap secured nicely which is a good thing of you carry it around in your bag. A single pump can dispense enough product to cover all your face. But still you can control how much to dispense.
The foundation it self is pretty thick and has a faint scent to it that smells like, ummm, makeup. It lingers on for a while and then fades away. The texture is pretty smooth and glides on easily on the skin.
MM Makeup Silk Foundation -Fair
MM Makeup Silk Foundation -Fair ( no Concealer Used)
So, all in all it is medium to full coverage foundation which controls oil and stays put for about 6-8 hours. The foundation tends to set after application and after that it’s non transferable. Your do need to mosturize and primer for better results and also if you have dry skin as it tends to accentuate the dry patches.
- So even after using it for 10 more moths after the review, I stand by every word I said back than which was winters by the way . Now since I have used it in summer , I can definitely vouch for its longevity . Even is this scorching sweltering heat , MM Makeup Silk foundation managed to stay a good 8 hours on my face (which included about an hour in the kitchen as well , yup I tested it ! ).
- About the dryness , in summers my face gets really oily. so I have been skipping the moisturizing part and just going with a mineral primer which makes application easier . I gives a demi matte finish and keeps the oil at bay for about 3-4 hours after which you need to touch up with powder for oil control.
- One thing that I haven’t mentioned before in the review was the best suited tool for application . I have used E.L.F Powder brush , Kryolan Wedge sponge , BH cosmetics foundation brsuh , Real techniques miracle sponge and obviously my fingers . The best application I have got from damp Miracle sponge . Yes ! If you have a beauty blender or the miracle sponge , you are going to love the finish this foundation gives you . Since it starts setting pretty fast so just spread it out on your face with finger and start bouncing that damp sponge to enjoy that excellent coverage you are going to get . The application with Foundation brush and Wedge sponges is good , but I find it hard to work with them as they tend to e kind of streaky and doesn’t blend the foundation well . The Elf powder brush is my favorite when it comes to foundation application , but since this foundation is very thick , I find it hard to work with this brush
- You only need 1 pump for your whole face plus your neck . Yes its that pigmented trust me ! Just dispense one pump spread evenly and blend .
- About the shade selection ,I strongly recommend going and checking the shade yourself in broad day light and wearing it for a few hours as well . People have complained of this foundation going dark or turning grey . I really agree that this foundation goes dark in a while . So wear it for a while before making the final cut . About turning grey , its not your right shade ,period. Stop blaming the product, not just this one I am talking about any Foundation or concealer . When you go with to light a shade or get the wrong under tone , it starts to look grey.
MM Makeup Website
with Cash on Delivery all over Pakistan.
The MM Makeup line is launching in all leading stores across the country in July 2015 ,its already available at Scentsation and Al-Fateh shopping malls in all major cities .
MM Makeup opens to international orders in the same year!
Stay connected to all the news and updates on MM Makeup through their social media
: MM Makeup is now available at available at MM Makeup Counters set at all major shopping malls through our the country . Also available at all Depilex branches nationwide. You can also order them from any major online shopping portal such as
My Rating :
I give it a
. Had it been a bit more moisturizing, I would be happy as a lark. But still summer is on its way, and its a must have for that!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS AMAZING FOUNDATION BY MM MAKEUP YET? WHAT IS YOU TAKE ON THIS FIRST EVER HALAL CERTIFIED MAKEUP LINE BY MASARRAT MISBAH? DO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
7 Days of MM Makeup – Day 1 : MM Makeup Liquid Lipsticks Review