Beginner’s Diary – Vol 1 ( Basics Tools & Cosmetics)
Dear Diary ! first of all lets save the date as you and me are going to go a long way I promise. Talking to you seems like I got a new best friend already .
Being a makeup-holic isn’t much easy especially when you got nobody to look forward to in teaching you THE TRICKS , left me heart broken for a very long time till I started to explore and practice ! Oh yes you got it right PRACTICE ..it is the key to what I know today , not much but still enough to know I am not stepping out with a plastered face 😀
Being a beginner at make up isn’t easy NAH-AHH, you don’t even know where to start from so you try and fail, try again and still fail and keep on trying till you finally hit the right cord ! I did it , yes I am being honest dearest diary , I went through the phase where I went out with the most horrific lip colors and most horrendous eyeliner .Not that I am perfect now but compared to that I am better .
Here is what I learnt and every beginner should know :
- Don’t give up after a single try ,KEEP ON TRYING !
- PRACTICE ,PRACTICE & PRACTICE (it took me 30 days to apply a good eyeliner imagine that )
- Get to know what suits you and what not ,for that EXPERIMENT with colors !
- Don’t get dishearten when something suits somebody else and doesn’t look good at you, YOU ARE DIFFERENT !
- OBSERVE closely when you are at a salon or even watching a Youtube tutorial or even a pictorial, it helps
So,during that phase ,I fell and stumbled but still kept moving till I got to know what I needed. The things were very simple yet their sequence was the key to remember . So, I finally got to know that in order to learn makeup I should have gotten then right stuff before declaring myself a failure and giving up. I jotted down a little list for beginners who should first get
most of them before starting of for their learning journey (trust me it makes everything so easy )
Cosmetics Check list:
- Face primer
- Foundation/Base (whatever you like to call it)
- Setting powder/Compact powder
- Eyeshadow base/ Eye Primer
- A good Eyeshadow palette (Having both matte and shimmery colors : Go for Glamorous face 96 color palette for practice)
- Smudge Proof Eyelinner (For practice I recommend Aqua Color Cake Eyeliner By Kryolan )
- Smudge Proof Mascara (Water proof mascara isn’t suitable for practice)
- Loads of Lipcolors ( Doesnt need to be expensive , just to try on which color suits you so that we can buy a better one in the same color :P)
- Makeup Setting spray
- Get a good Makeup brush set (Just remember the bristles should be soft ) You can even get each separate brush too but that turns out to be pretty tiresome ( Try BH cosmetics brush sets they are amazingly priced and have almost all essential Face and Eye brushes prefect for beginners)
- Makeup Sponges (any type would do , Latex-free are better)
- Cotton balls
- Baby wipes
- Makeup Remover (extremely Important)
And yes LOADS OF
, TONS OF
and A HELL OF
and my dear diary ,this is what I know that one should have before embarking on this COLOR RIDE . Now I have to leave , its my kitties play time and they are not the patient type (just like me :D) . Till next time BFF, when I’ll be back with whole of this check list marked and we’ll do everything together after that.