Brush cleaning - A chore no More with Practk™ Palmat®
For all the makeup lovers , one thing that we keep on running from is washing our Makeup brushes and sponges . To be very honest , sometimes I don’t even do makeup just because I would have to wash the brushes (level of laziness ,right?) . One more thing that makes me not like the task is to rub the brushes at the back of your hand to wash off all the grime inside , and if you have dozens of brushes like me , you would know how parched and dry the hands feel afterwards , absolutely loathe how it makes my hands dry and nails brittle .
For this sole purpose , that is brush cleaning , there have been quite a few items on the market which I didn’t think about much until now when I got to try this super cute yet handy product called PALMAT® by Practk™. Those who don’t know Practk is a sister brand of well known company Sigma Beauty which is much more affordable . As for now they only have the palmat and deep cleansing brush shampoo. So lets get started on how I find this product:
Say goodbye to dirty makeup brushes! The Palmat® is a 2-in-1 brush cleaning tool that deep cleans your brushes to keep them just like new. Works great for those with a large brush collection or those with only one makeup brush. Small and portable, perfect for traveling!
- Wear on palm to quickly clean brushes
- Adjustable straps to fit any hand size; fits left or right hand
- Suction to sink for hands-free cleaning
- Wash + refine textures clean both face and eye brushes
- Made of high-grade silicone
- Free 2 year warranty
My Experience :
The Practk Palmat comes securely packed in a box and is in a sealed packaging . The mat itself is made of soft rubber material which is easily bendableand doesn’t feel rough at all . Just as it is named , its exactly the size of your palm which can be worn on your palm or just placed on the wash basin where it sticks due to suction buds at the back . This makes it super handy as you don’t have to hold it with one handand the suction cups hold it tight enough to not to let it move aroundwhile brush cleaning .
The surface of the palmat is engraved with different sizes of bristles . One side has smaller and finer ones for your smaller eye makeup bushes and other one has rather larger bristles for face brushes . Along with these there is dome shaped elevations on both sides for rinsing the tools once cleansed properly .
I have been using it for a while now and there has been no change in the consistency of the mat or the bristles and it still washes my brushes squeaky clean in a few whirls .
How To Use :
- In a Luke warm water add a little baby shampoo and few drops of olive oil and let the brushes and sponges soak for half an hour
- Now place the palmat in wash basin or wear it on your palm (I prefer fixing it on the wash basin ) and add a drop of shampoo over the surface you want to use .
- Take your brushes one by one and whirl them over the surface firmly enough that all of the grime washes out .·Once you feel all the residuehas been washed away ,wash them under tap water while rubbing over the rinse portion of the mat to get all the soap out
- Let the air dry for a good time
- Squeaky clean brushes ready to use !
Price & Availability :
All in all, I am really happy that I gave this tool a chance and it really madeit all very easy to do . Earlier it felt like a task but now I just have to whirl the brushes just a couple of times to get my brushes all cleaned up again .
HAVE YOU TRIED THE BRUSH CLEANING TOOLS YET ? DO YOU THINK THEY ARE WORTH BUYING? HOW DO YOU WASH YOUR BRUSHES ? DO LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW .